The Slovak Association for Green Roofs and Green Infrastructure invites you to the second international conference: “Climate Resilient Cities,” 26 – 28 September 2023 in Bratislava! REGISTER HERE.
Together we will experience 24 expert lectures and an evening of networking with conference participants.
Green roofs, green facades and other green and blue measures have many benefits to help us adapt our cities to changing climate conditions. Every year we experience extreme droughts, heat waves and torrential rains. Vegetated roofs help to cool heat islands in cities, retain rainwater, increase biodiversity, and create new living spaces in office or commercial centres. They also combine well with photovoltaics and improve their efficiency.
In order for green roofs to work and fulfil their function in the long term, they need to be installed in the right way. That is why the Slovak Green Roof Association has published Standards for the design, implementation and maintenance of vegetated roofs.
The conference is intended for: architects, designers, municipal and state administration representatives, construction companies, developers, housing fund managers, educators, students and enthusiasts of water retention and adaptation measures.
DAY 1: 26.9.2023 (Tuesday)
9:00 – 18:00: Presentations and announcement of the winners of the “Green Roof of the Year 2023”
18:00: Evening reception and networking
DAY 2: 27.9.2023 (Wednesday)
9:00 – 17:00: Presentations
DAY 3: 28.9.2023 (Thursday)
Excursion to interesting green roofs
- Prof. Dr. Ing. Prof. Dr. Manfred Koehler, President, World Green Infrastructure Network (WGIN) Germany
- Prof. Marta Weber-Siwirska, Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Science, Poland
- Prof. Ing. Zuzana Sternová, PhD, Executive Advisor of the Technical and Testing Institute of Construction
- Mgr. Jozef Pecho, climatologist, Slovak Hydrometeorological Institute
- Ing. Marek Sokáč, PhD., Chairman of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Hydrology, Slovak Academy of Sciences
- RNDr. Timotej Brenkus, SAŽP, Director of Environmental Science Section
- Ing. arch. Ondrej Horváth, Head of the Department of Spatial Development and Concepts, City of Trnava
- Ing. Pavel Dostál, Chairman of the Green Roof Section, Czech Republic
- Ing. Jana Tóth, Specialist in public project financing
- and many others…
View the event trailer here.
- The conference will be simultaneously interpreted (SJ/AJ – AJ/SJ).
- The ticket price includes refreshments during the day, lunch and an evening buffet.
- Venue: Park Inn by Radisson Danube Bratislava, Bratislava