The policy conference organised by the WGIN EU Chapter took place online on 12 May, 2022.
After the successful first edition launched last year, WGIN’s European Green Infrastructure Day (EGIDay) was back for another exciting series of discussions on how green roofs and walls can contribute to the European Green Deal and the European Union’s climate goals for 2030 and 2050.
The EGIDay is a policy conference dedicated to exploring the state of affairs of urban green infrastructure in the European Union. The event aims to gather industry leaders, experts, stakeholders, and EU policymakers to discuss how to tap into the multiple benefits of green infrastructure for Europe’s climate and energy transition.
Among the speakers were:
- Elena Višnar Malinovská, Head of Unit Adaptation & Resilience to climate change, DG CLIMA, European Commission
- Emanuele Quaranta, Scientific officer, European Commission Joint Research Center
- Gilles Namur, Second Deputy Mayor in charge of Nature in the City, Grenoble (European Green Capital 2022)
- Jutta Paulus, Member of the European Parliament
- Stephan Brenneisen, Head of Research Group Urban Ecology, Zurich University of Applied Sciences
- Laura Gatti, Agronomist and Landscape Consultant, co-designer of the multi-awarded Bosco Verticale
1. Welcome and Introduction
2. Decarbonised, energy efficient and green: the future of the EU building stock
3. Restoring nature in European cities: the role of green infrastructure
4. The multiple benefits of green infrastructure for people and places