After two successful editions, WGIN’s European Green Infrastructure Day (#EGIDay) was back on 27 April 2023 for another day full of insightful discussions about green roofs and walls and how EU policies can support their uptake across Europe.
#EGIDay23 gathered EU policymakers, green roof industry leaders, experts and NGOs to discuss how to tap into the multiple benefits of green infrastructure for Europe’s climate and energy transition.
View the full agenda here.
*Registration & attendance was FREE.
Session I – 10:00-11:00 CET
Green, efficient and solar-powered: key features of a sustainable building stock
Session II – 11:15 – 12:15 CET
Greening urban spaces to help restore nature in Europe
Session III – 14:00 – 15:00 CET
Permeable cities for better water management, resilience and climate adaptation
Session IV – 15:15 – 16:15 CET
One possible future of European cities: green, more beautiful and inclusive
Confirmed speakers include:
- Toni Amich, Green Roof Specialist, Sempergreen, Spain
- Margrete Auken MEP, Shadow Rapporteur on UWWTD Recast, ENVI Committee Member
- Florian Becker, Project Coordinator – Environment, Eurocities
- Anna Bruen, Sustainable Resources, Climate & Resilience Officer, ICLEI Europe
- Ciaran Cuffe MEP, Rapporteur on the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive recast
- Bettina Doeser, Head of Unit, Natural Capital & Ecosystems Health, DG ENV, European Commission
- Herbert Dreiseitl, Urban Designer, Landscape Architect, Artist
- Mariangiola Fabbri, Head of Research, Buildings Performance Institute Europe
- Dusty Gedge, Urban Biodiversity Professional, European Federation for Green Roofs & Walls
- Uwe Harzmann, Managing Director, Optigruen
- Sian Hughes, Sustainable Leadership Advisor
- Adrian Michel, Head of Product Management System Engineering Roofing, Sika
- Eleni Myrivili, Global Chief Heat Officer, UN-Habitat & Arsht-Rock Resilience Center; Chief Resilience Officer, City of Athens
- Olli Ojala, Senior Ministerial Advisor, Ministry of the Environment of Finland
- Jan Osenberg, Policy Advisor, Solar Power Europe
- Jutta Paulus MEP, Shadow Rapporteur on Nature Restoration Law
- Luigi Petito, Head of EU Chapter, World Green Infrastructure Network (WGIN)
- Johan Ringeling, Business Strategist and Innovation Manager, Interpolis
- Daniela Rizzi, Senior Officer for Nature-Based Solutions and Biodiversity, ICLEI Europe
- Sergio Rocha, Executive Director, Instituto Cidade Jardim
- Michel Sponar, Deputy Head of Unit, Marine Environment & Clean Water Services, DG ENV, European Commission
View the full agenda here.
Watch EGI Day 2022 here.
Watch EGI Day 2023 below:
EGI Day 2023 – SESSION I: Green, efficient & solar-powered: key features of a sustainable building stock
EGI Day 2023 – SESSION II: Greening urban spaces to help restore nature in Europe
EGI Day 2023 – SESSION III: Permeable cities for better water management, resilience & climate adaptation
EGI Day 2023 – SESSION IV: One possible future of European cities: green, more beautiful and inclusive